The pump that revolutionized water flow for aquariums has reached the pinnacle of design, performance and control. The 3rd Generation aptly named the Gyre 300 series incorporates all of the amazing features of the original Gyre pumps and improved them to make the best GYRE flow pump yet.
The engineers at Maxspect completely redesigned the pump with less parts and a more intuitive assembly for easier maintenance of the rotors. Gyre 300 series pumps include an extra set of bushings to help reduce downtime while cleaning and keep your pump operating at full capacity. The new design has simplified this process of rotor replacement making it easier than ever to keep your pump pushing water at full throttle.
The most noticeable upgrade on the new Gyre 300 pumps is the detachable flow directors which are a welcome addition and allows you to place your pumps even closer to the surface of your aquarium without the worry of pulling a noisy vortex of air and improving surface agitation for maximum gas exchange. You can maneuver each director to point the Gyre flow of water where you need it. Best of all, the maneuverable caps block light from reaching the pump components and will reduce the rate at witch algae will accumulate for longer operation in between maintenance.
Maxspect Gyre XF-330 Pump Features & Benefits
- Unique Gyre Flow: Virtually Eliminates Dead Spots
- Evenly Distributed Linear Flow
- Discrete Design for Larger Aquariums
- Can Be Mounted Vertically or Horizontally
- Can Be Mounted Close to the Water Surface
- Waterproof Magnet Mounts
- Twin Directional Flow Cages with Clip-on Flow Directors
- HYDROS WaveEngine Direct Drive Compatible
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
The Maxspect XF-350 is also Direct Drive Compatible with the HYDROS WaveEngine multi-pump controller. More on that later!
XF-350 Technical Specs
- Rating: Aquariums 25-100+ Gallons
- Power Consumption: ~5-35 Watts
- Size (in): 10.4L x 2.6W x 1.3H
- Weight: 575g/20.3oz
- Cable Length: 10ft
- Tank Thickness: Up to 1/2″ thick
- Glass or Acrylic: Safe for Both
HYDROS WaveEngine Direct Drive Compatible
The HYDROS WaveEngine is a multi-brand, multi-pump controller. It allows you to control, monitor, and power pumps from different brands together using a single app. Finally, pumps from different brands can work together under a unified platform!
In addition to wireless and 0-10V control, the WaveEngine has the ability to control and power up to 4 pumps. Using the Direct Drive ports on the front of the WaveEngine, you can plug in pumps from different brands like Maxspect, IceCap, and Reef Octopus so you can power 4 pumps off a single power supply. By utilizing the Direct Drive ports, you no longer need the external controllers that are included with these pumps. If you’re using 4 pumps, imagine all the clutter you can clear out of your stand by not having to use 4 power bricks and 4 controllers and instead having one of each.
Due to the growing popularity of the WaveEngine, brands like Maxspect are offering “pump only” versions of their products that do not include the external controller and power supply. Now, for a much lower price (you’ll save $150!), you can purchase just the pump itself and the mounting base so you can directly connect the pump to the WaveEngine. All you will need is the appropriate adapter, in this case, the HYDROS Maxspect Gyre XF330/XF350 WaveEngine Pump Adapter, and you’ll be able to do things with flow that you never thought possible!
The Maxspect Gyre XF-330 Uses Revolutionary Crossflow Technology
Wavemakers excel in making waves, while waves are spectacular to watch in motion, they are moving the majority of the water vertically up and down, with relatively low horizontal movement, especially near the bottom of the aquarium.
On the other hand, gyre generators excel in moving the sheer flow of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The flow of water is so strong that it would bounce back from the opposite side to achieve full circulation within an aquarium, i.e., generating “gyre flows.”
Why have Gyre pumps taken the aquarium world by storm? There are three main reasons:
- They leave virtually no dead spots in your aquarium.
- The flow is evenly distributed throughout your entire aquarium.
- Water bounces back off the other side of your tank, creating a full circulation to complete the Gyre pattern.
These three key points run in stark contrast to the performance of the status quo propeller-type pumps that once ruled our hobby. Sure, they can move water. But they don’t do it as efficiently and intelligently as the Gyre! For example:
Disadvantages of Standard Propeller Nozzle Pumps
- A)Relatively weak water movement with dead spots left in their wake.
- B)There is a powerful flow in the center but not elsewhere, which makes coral placement difficult.
- C)The water movement is weak at the other end of the aquarium and is not designed for recirculation.
Why is a Gyre Generator Superior to a Wavemaker?
Wavemakers excel in making waves. While waves are spectacular to watch in motion, they are moving the majority of the water vertically up and down, with relatively low horizontal movement—especially near the bottom of the aquarium.
On the other hand, the Gyre excels in generating massive movements of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The sheer volume of water is so substantial that it bounces off the opposite side of the aquarium to achieve full circulation within the tank. Or, as we call it, generating a “gyre flow.”
CoralVue, Inc. and Maxspect hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- One (1) year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.
To submit a warranty claim, please visit our CoralVue Support Portal.